Interested in becoming an Executive member of the PAC?
Here is a brief description of the responsibilties for the excutive team.
DUTIES OF EXECUTIVE
- convene and preside at all membership, special and executive meetings;
- in consultation with the school staff and administration, ensure that an agenda is prepared and presented;
- take such actions or ensure that such actions are taken by others to achieve the objectives and purpose of the Council;
- speak on behalf of the Council;
- consult with Council members;
- establish committees where authorized to do so by the Executive or membership;
- be a signing officer;
- report on Council activities between meetings at meetings; and
- ensure that Council activities are aimed at achieving the purposes set out in the constitution.
- will record the minutes of the membership, special and Executive meetings;
- will issue and receive correspondence on behalf of the organization;
- file minutes of all meetings;
- prepare and maintain other documentation as requested by the membership or executive;
- may be a signing officer;
- and will keep an accurate copy of the constitution and bylaws, and make copies available to members upon request.
- will ensure all funds of the Council are properly accounted for;
- will disburse funds as authorized by the membership or executive;
- will ensure that proper financial records and books of account are maintained;
- make financial records and books of accounts available to members upon request;
- will be responsible for and report monthly on the accounts of the Council;
- will be one of the signing officers;
- will prepare a written year end financial report for the Annual General Meeting; and
- with the assistance of the executive, draft an annual budget