YOU are Invited…
Parents and Educators, participate in the discussion…
Back by popular demand! The Richmond School District and the Richmond District Parents’ Association invite you to a FREE screening of the Sundance-selected educational documentary, Most Likely to Succeed.
About the Film:
Most Likely to Succeed examines the history of education, in the United States, revealing the growing shortcomings of conventional education methods in today’s innovative world. The film explores compelling new approaches that aim to revolutionize teaching as we know it. After seeing this film, the way you think about “school” will never be the same.
The world is changing. Parents want their children ready to succeed in the 21st Century. So do educators. That’s why it’s critical that we transform our education system, designed over a century ago so that it reflects the goals of the New BC Curriculum: Building Student Success. https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca
Watch the trailer: https://vimeo.com/122502930
When? Saturday, April 29th, 2017
· Doors Open at 8:30 a.m., Refreshments will be provided.
· Screening starts at 9:00 a.m. sharp
· Discussion opportunities will occur during and after the screening.
· Session ends at 12 noon with draw prizes.
Where? Richmond Secondary School, 7171 Minoru Boulevard (near Granville Avenue)
Registration: It’s FREE and it’s going to be engaging and enlightening!
· Seating is limited.
· Registration is required. Please indicate on your registration whether you are an educator, a parent or from the community.
Registration deadline: Thursday, April 13th, 12 noon
"Most Likely to Succeed". http://www.mltsfilm.org/