Dear parents/ guardians,
As we finish up our first two days of orientation, I want to welcome you back to Whiteside. Whether your child is here in person, or waiting for transitional learning to begin, we are happy to be reconnecting with you. Having been away for a year, I have once again been reminded of the strong community we have here at Whiteside, and am honoured to return as your principal.
While this September is different than any other that we have experienced, I want to reassure you that teachers, including myself, are excited to be back, and are ready to support your child(ren) with their learning and socioemotional needs. We understand that the last 6 months have been challenging for everyone and are here to assist you in whatever way needed. All of our teachers have been trained in COVID-19 safety protocols, and I am proud of the leadership taken in the Richmond School District to support the safety of your children and of teachers.
Here are a few reminders for the upcoming week:
1. Monday is a regular school day, starting at 8:45 am and ending at 2:45 pm.
2. Students are to be dropped off and picked up from the locations that teachers specified in their welcome letters. They will be walked in and out of the building by their teacher.
3. Please ensure that you monitor your child(ren)'s health daily, by following the mandatory health declaration. Do not send them to school if they have any of the listed symptoms.
4. Please dress your child(ren) for the weather, as they will be going outside on all breaks.
5. As there are to be no adults in the building that are not a part of the education system, there will be no lunch drop-offs. Children must arrive with everything that they need.
Thank you for respecting the safety protocols of the school. I look forward to a fabulous year with you all! Please do not hesitate to email or call if you need something.